Employment with TSL
At TSL we're always on the lookout for people who are eager to develop and apply their skills.
We offer a range of careers right across our business. We also employ apprentices, offering young and local people the opportunity to learn skills and gain experience.
We place great emphasis on the continual development of every employee through a structured annual training plan.
Surveying Opportunities with TSL Contractors Ltd
TSL Contractors is a dynamic, award-winning construction and haulage company with offices in Oban and Mull. Due to the continuing growth of the company, we are looking for two talented, motivated and enthusiastic surveyors to join our busy commercial department. Based in the beautiful and vibrant Victorian harbour town of Oban, both posts will require some travel throughout Argyll and Lochaber.
Working within a small team of surveyors the role will pro-actively support our commercial manager with the management of a varied portfolio of projects from inception through to completion.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong technical knowledge and commercial awareness,
- A relevant QS qualification
- Previous experience of working in a similar role within the construction industry
- A customer-focused approach
- Excellent communication, organisational and negotiation skills;
- Superb attention to detail and quality
- he ability to work effectively under pressure
The role will provide timely support and assistance to our team of surveyors with all aspects of the team’s work.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a relevant QS qualification or be working towards or willing to work towards this.
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills
- Be committed to self-development
- Be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office software, in particular, Excel and Word
- Be a team player and also able to work independently
- Have effective time management skills
We offer an inclusive, friendly and supportive working environment, competitive rates of pay, continuing professional development opportunities as well as the opportunity to live, work and play in one of the most desirable and scenic areas of the country.
Please don’t be put off applying if you don’t tick all the boxes - we are keen to hear from suitable candidates who can demonstrate potential as well as those who are ready to hit the ground running. Please send your CV with a covering letter to
For an informal chat about either post please contact David Stewart, Commercial Manager on 01631 569 991
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion within our workforce and welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
Send us your CV
Even if we have no positions currently advertised here, we’re keen to hear from you if you think you have the skills we might be looking for and you’re interested in working with TSL.
We look forward to hearing from you!